As we all know Summer is on it’s way and many pattern companies have so many great PDFs for the warmer weather. I have a few I must buy for my daughter but I am waiting until she decides which ones she really wants. I have got the list down to 8 but I really will only buy a couple because I do have some I haven’t even sewn yet. Just like any other PDF pattern collector. Sadly I have noticed she has almost grown out of many of them, so I have been picking more carefully for bigger sizes. She is a size 7 and I know some of mine only go up to size 8, so I have to make these this year too. There are a few that I just can’t pass up, so for every pattern I use (that I already have) I will buy a new one. I usually make only a couple of dress for the summer because she has so many but this last year she has grown too much. She has out grown about 2/3 of dresses and rompers, so they will be going into the upcycling pile for dolls and bears. That means this year I will have to make about 10 or more, she loves to wear dresses to school, even in the winter.
This post many have some Affiliate links in it, which means I get a small percentage of each sale. This doesn’t affect your price at all.
1. Brand new Violette Field Threads – Charlie – Sizes 2t to 10. I have been eying this one for a week now. I love the little tie on the front and the simple look of the dress. This pattern can be made into a top too for be worn into fall.
2. Pink Poodle Bows – Sophie Maxi dress – sizes 2 to 12. This fun detail on the neckline on this maxi dress is great. Those details are a ruffled front and triangle ties to the back. This dress also has a high low option (is it not a big high low) or if you want you can just make it a regular maxi dress.
3. Bella Sunshine Design – Charlotte – size 6m to 12. The open back is super cute and the button closure is pretty. There are also dress and top options for this, I like the dress better but that is just me. Bella Sunshine Design also have a Rebel girl dress with another open back with a button. My daughter had a knit top simular to the the rebel girl dress, which she loves (in fact it is falling apart from wear).
4. Violette Field Threads – June – sizes 2t to 10. I do own this one and have made it once but it was too big, so hopefully it will fit this summer. The back of this dress is super pretty with cut outs and ties. I also love this you can make pockets with all kinds of details on them like lace.
5. Rabbit Rabbit Creations – Hourglass dress – sizes 1 to 12 years. This dress is super pretty with great details for a sunny summer day. The front is beautifully placed with some contrasting side coverage and the back has a pretty button. These Rhinestone buttons would be a perfect fit so it can sparkle in the sun.
6. Create Kids Couture – Berlin’s Lace Dress – sizes 2 to 14 years. This dress is a bit different than others dress, it is more of tutu dress. I love this dress but it does look like a lot of work. Not only can it be worn everyday (yes, my daughter would) or it could be a costume for an event.
7. Honey Dew Kisses – Seraphina Dress – Sizes 12m to 12. I do have this one and love the look, I made it 2 years ago. My daughter just grew out of her daughter so I will be making a new one this summer. I love the lace down the front and the big bow in the back, it is not too hard to sew either with the details.
8. FooFoo Threads – Katy Cross back Dress – Sizes 6m to 10 years. All the detail on this dress (or top) are great and work perfect together. I love the bows on the front and the pockets.
I do a Summer Fashion board with cute outfits and sewing patterns in it.